1. To analyse the stresses and strains for three-dimensional elements.
2. To understand the equilibrium and compatibility conditions.
3. To understand the concept of plasticity.
4. To understand geometric non-linearity.
5. To understand the concept of buckling and analyse various members subjected to buckling using various methods.
6. To understand and perform collapse load analysis for different types of frames and to comprehend various failure mechanisms and to study the effect of axial force and shear force on fully plastic moment of a section.